As we all know PHP is the very popular server-side programming language which is used to design website. There are many languages that are used for web development or web programming like ASP.net, JSP, python, ruby on rails and so on. But among all of them, PHP is the most popular web scripting language.so let’s begin the journey.
Disadvantages of using PHP
- Security: Since it is open-sourced, all people can see the source code. If there are bugs in the source code, it can be used by people to explore the weakness of it.
- Not suitable for large applications: It will be difficult to use it for programming huge applications. Since the programming language is not highly modular, huge applications created out of the programming language will be difficult to maintain.
- Weak type: Implicit conversion may surprise unwary programmers and lead to unexpected bugs. Confusion between arrays and hash tables. This is slow and could be faster. There are often a few ways to accomplish a task. It is not strongly typed. It is interpreted and uses curly braces.
- Poor Error Handling Method: The framework has a bad error handling method. It is not a proper solution for the developers. Therefore, as a qualified PHP developer, you will have to overcome it.
- PHP is unable to handle a large number of apps: The technology is helpless to support a bunch of apps. It is highly tough to manage because it is not competent modular. It already imitates the features of Java language.
- Programmers need to learn PHP frameworks instead of PHP: The PHP frameworks enable programmers to add functionality to a web application without writing additional code. But the programmers have to put some time and effort to learn the PHP framework. They can even learn and use certain frameworks without being proficient in PHP coding.
- Lack of option to modify core behavior: In addition to proving a basic structure for web application development, the PHP frameworks further accelerate custom web application development.
Advantages of using PHP
- Open source: It is developed and maintained by a large group of developers. This will help in creating a supportive community.
- Speed: It is relatively fast since it uses not much system resources.
- Easy to use: It is very easy to use and learn, it uses c syntax so if one can know c language can easily grab the concept of PHP
- Stable: Since it is maintained by many developers, bugs are rather found and fixed quickly, making it a stable software.
- Powerful library support: You can easily find functional modules you need such a PDF, graph, etc.
- Built-in database connection modules: You can connect to databases easily using PHP, since many websites are data/ content driven, so we will use database frequently, this will largely reduce the development time of web apps
- Cross-Platform: PHP is an application that can be run on several platforms. The importance of this that you do not have to worry about the operating system the user is using, as you will rest assured that the code will still run properly and smoothly.
- Protect websites from targeted security attacks: The built-in security features and mechanisms provided by the PHP framework make it easier for developers to protect the website from existing and emerging security threats.
SO every one have there goods and bad as like the PHP, so I hope you understand the advantages and disadvantages of using PHP.Still confused feel free to comment.